As Physicians continue to take key leadership roles in their organizations, they need support and resources to effectively lead teams. This program provides the resources to identify their leadership goals and needs and implement a lasting plan for success.
Led by Physician Coach Dr. Keith Byler, Mind the Gap’s Physician Practicum™ is a twelve month systematic coaching program designed specifically for physicians. This program encompasses:
- Leadership Awareness, utilizing a 360 Survey and behavioral assessment we create a foundation of personal leadership awareness. Working with a professional coach, the leader creates their personal and professional vision and mission and identifies important values. Using our Annual Planner™, the leader develops personal leadership and long-term goals.
- Effective Communication utilizes assessments and management tools to support the physician in leading a team. A four-quadrant assessment and the I-Speak Survey both help the physician identify their communication styles and those of others. Using our Weekly Huddle™ and Situation Converter™, the physician leader is focused on improving personal communication by focusing on specific goals and gaps with their coach. Two team meetings are included in this component, facilitated by a professional facilitator, to help both the physician leader and their team work more effectively together
- Team Building two team meetings help both the physician and their team work identify group strengths and style
- Enhancing Team Dynamics reviews six critical job-related components: Productivity, Quality of Work, Initiative, Teamwork, Problem Solving, and Adapting to Change. Participants learn how they respond to job-related stress, frustration and conflict, and are given tools to address situations more effectively. Motivators are introduced based on behavioral tendencies and motivational style uncovered through this assessment tool.
- Collaborative Communication utilizes the I-Speak Survey™ to enable participants to understand their communication style as well as styles of others. Using this knowledge, participants will learn to communicate messages more effectively with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Accountability/Success Sustainment is the final portion of the Practicum is focused on accountability for each Physician’s goals and implementation of new skills. Together with their coach, the physician leader will review and update their Annual Planner™ and their KSS action plan.
- Physician Leadership Advisory Forum is facilitated by our Program Director, Dr. Keith Byler, this forum is available when 6+ physicians from one facility or system participate in the Physician Practicum™. The forum provides a confidential venue for experienced physicians to rely on each other for wisdom and counsel. Best practices, challenges, and important issues are shared and discussed in a confidential environment.